Sunday, June 26, 2011

Quiet....

Yes, thank you God, things are quiet. No one in the hospital, hunky hubby had a day of flying yesterday so he has smiles, and my stomach is beginning to accept food again. Speaking of food, don't we all wonder why some eat when life throws punches and others (like me) start gagging at the thought of having to swallow something not liquid? Anyway, that's another part of my story.

Some time ago, when we were trying to figure out our not-so-golden years, my doctor asked if I was doing okay. Oh what a question. So of course...I said no. I don't have the tendency toward depression, which I think I thoroughly am entitled to. But I do fixate, compulsively and anxiously. So my doctor wondered if I would like to try a medication for anxiety. Wow, I didn't even know they had those. I took that pill the same day. And it worked so miraculously I was totally shocked.

The second time I was totally shocked is when my insurance company said they would not pay for it. *!!**#**?? So I switched to a generic of Paxil. It worked but not as well. I've now been taking it for over 2 years and decided it was time to stop. Life had settled into a more tranquil mode. (Ha, and they say God has no sense of humor!) So in addition to the younger son's hospitalization, I'm now withdrawing from Paxil. To be honest, had I known it was so difficult to stop, I probably would have gotten out the checkbook and paid for the other pill, which was not generic and was more expensive but worked better. My doctor forgot that part of info...

It hasn't been terrible but it hasn't been good. This week I cut my dosage in half. A little flu-like symptoms have appeared. Queasiness, light headedness, a funny kind of headache. I keep thinking each day will be better, but not so. I guess the double whammy has certainly not worked in my favor.

Anyone else dealing with stuff? Meds, kids, life? Yes, I know I'm whining. So I'll close in saying I live and love and thank God for His serenity and sense of humor! Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment