Thursday, March 17, 2011

HOORAY!

We did it! Son and grandson left our driveway yesterday afternoon and we were ALL smiling. I know our son was excited to return to field work and geology teaching; grandson was excited to understand he was not left behind. Hunky hubby and I? Well, did you feel a big rush of wind yesterday? That was us, exhaling, again and again.

We are happy to know they departed happy. The only confused one around the house today is Angel, our dog. She is sleeping on our son's pillow, obviously wondering where her buddy went. There was also a little whimpering heard last night. As much as we were all looking forward to this, it will be a while before we adapt.

In the meantime, do you have those "situations" in your home? Are you trying to balance life on a very thin wire? I'd love to share those with you...for today, my Golden Years are happy! Jan

2 comments:

  1. AMEN........I never thought my Golden Years would be like this! I spend part of everyday crying and nobody knows......these years are not Golden!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad everything went well. Enjoy your time alone with that hunk you are married to. You deserve it.

    ReplyDelete