Sunday, March 6, 2011

Good News, Bad News

It is time to catch you up on life on our hill. I will start with the bad news...our family is still seeking the right (is there a right or wrong?) pathway for our grandson with autism. He has taken his anti-anxiety med now for 2 1/2 weeks and it seems to have worked adversely for him. He has been more verbally expressive but also is more irritable, argumentative (one word at a time, usually "NO!"), and certainly not happy.

Time is now becoming critical since our son returns to his professorship on March 22. So...do the two of them leave? Not a good choice but doable. Does the grandson remain here with us? Again, not a good choice, considering his emotional state. There is a placement home available for him, so tomorrow there will be an emergency meeting of his class administrator, his social worker and our son. I hope and pray a good choice may surface. I am also quite concerned for our son, who is highly dedicated to his beloved family first and then his work, which he also loves. Me? I'm here to listen, back up and give hugs.

My Good/GREAT news: our younger son has remained strong and healthy for a year! Hooray! I know that may sound like a simple thought but it has been a huge gift for me. He's healthy, his sons are doing well and I love listening to their stories! Cars, golf, girlfriends, love my guys.

Hunky Hubby and I? We are anticipating some travel later this month, and I am itching to pack a bag. Hopefully the son/grandson will be settled by then and we can drive away with a happy heart.

I am beginning to receive some great responses, thanks to you readers! I look forward to lots more ideas, thoughts, sharing of life as I know it...so how is yours? Jan

2 comments:

  1. Great news about your younger son! And so nice you and hubby can get away for awhile.

    I will be praying about your grandson's needs. I hope you will let us know how it goes.

    Sending lots of good wishes your way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fingers crossed on the group home, it may be the best option to start independance. Enjoy to trip..

    ReplyDelete