Sunday, March 13, 2011

Waiting...and Waiting...

Our son is used to the wheels of social services turning ever so slowly; hunky hubby and I are not. The "emergency" meeting scheduled to take place took four days to accomplish, proper communications took another three. But...the visit to our grandson's potential residential home is this afternoon! The visit will be made by our grandson, son and me. I'm interested, curious, hopeful, prayerful and a little nervous. We are all so hopeful this is where our grandson's future will be but in reality, I have no idea how carefully those plans are worked out. I will be sure to add an update either late today or tomorrow.

Other thoughts of the day: my problems seem like raindrops in a bucket when I read the news of Japan, earthquake, tsunami, nuclear reactors. My heart aches for their people, their country. We live @ 15 miles inland from the Pacific Ocean, so early Friday morning, our son (the geologist) drove to the coast. He wanted to see the potential tsunami event the West Coast would experience. He was there for three hours, taking photos and videos to share with his students. The tide surges were an interesting event but did not impact our area, thankfully.

Good news of the day: We had a surprise visitor this week, our younger son! He had celebrated his birthday with his two sons the night before so drove north to celebrate with us as well. It was so sweet to have him with us. Once a mama, always a mama!

Thanks to all who take the time to read along with my postings, love to know you enjoy my thoughts and experiences of the so-called golden years.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, Japan does put a lot of things into perspective.

    How nice that your son came to see you! What a wonderful surprise.

    ReplyDelete