Friday, July 22, 2011

Get Ready...

Again, many days have slipped by between my posts. I keep hearing about the lazy days of summer but where are they?? Not here, for sure.

Since the last post, the fisher boys have departed for Idaho. Okay, I guess they have the lazy summer days. Both sons and two grandsons are now in Idaho, having lots of time to do guy stuff. Fishing (big, beautiful trout), campfires, hiking, sleeping. That being said, they have no electricity (propane only), no running water and outhouses.

I think you see now why I'm here, not there. I look forward to hearing from them and experience their good times vicariously, and am quite content with that. Maybe one year hunky hubby and I will join them for a week but find a nearby lodge to stay in...maybe.

The "birthday boy" grandson is not with them yet. He enrolled in summer school, and is now taking his first college classes. O My. That's love/hate for sure! He loves the college experience and is proud to claim it. He kinda hates the speed and pressure of the 18 weeks compressed into 5. But so far, so good. The plan is that when he finishes his classes, he will fly up to Idaho and his brother will fly home.

I love and appreciate that they can all enjoy this rare opportunity and experience. That they have the time to do it, and that they all love it so much. Our eldest grandson (with autism)may love it the most, but then who's to say. Today, in Idaho, elder son and youngest grandson are hiking together, younger son and oldest grandson are sleeping in and then going fishing. It does sound pretty wonderful, doesn't it? You can count on fish for dinner anytime you want to go catch some.

And I'm here, happy, and (by the way) still withdrawing from Paxil. Grrrrr. I'll see the doctor next week and will I have a story for him. Meanwhile, enjoying summer...even if it's not lazy. Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment