Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Get Set...

I'm ready for fun. I've spent the last week and a half cleaning, sorting and reorganizing the house and garage. I'm done. I may not be finished, but I'm done. Let the fun begin!

This afternoon long-time friends (40+ years) drive south from Northern California and will be with us for three days. They are now officially and totally retired. Like we were, they are ready for change. They have looked at properties in Las Vegas, Tucson and now will be checking out Central California. I know it will be a hard but well thought out choice for them...

But while they are here, we will have fun. The Mid-State Fair is running, whoo hoo! We'll check out the midway (from the ground), exhibits, pet some cows and horses, and of course, eat. We will also sit around and talk...a lot. No matter how much we get to see them or how little, the decibel level is pretty high when we are together. I love their company, obviously, and we would love to have them living closer, but in the meantime, I am thankful for their visits and our good times.

THEN...next week I drive south to see the one grandson not in Idaho! BECAUSE...my beautiful and beloved sister-in-law (one of two) flies in from Nebraska to stay with us for a week. The top of our list is talk...do you see a trend here? She has been so gracious and giving when I visited with a grandson the past two summers and stayed with her, and now it's my turn. I can't wait. Our to-do list is long and time is short but I know whatever we do, it will be good. Now...let the fun begin!

How is your summer turning out? Travel? Family? Work? I keep close to my heart and in my prayers so many who are not having fun. Health issues, work problems, relationship changes...let me know how you are...Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment