Monday, February 28, 2011

More about me...

I am trying to keep blogs short and readable, I know everyone has choices where and how time is spent. But I think I need to add a little more of me to the family dynamic. First, I love God. And I love the life He has given me. We have no choice where and with whom we begin, but the big choice is knowing who we have become and being accountable. I was blessed with parents who took me to church from the cradle to the time I married. And I am blessed that my hunky hubby is a Godly man.

If I always remember the order of life, I have a very high list of blessings. Challenges are big and choices have forever after consequences, but if I look first to my Lord, I know He will walk with me. And there we go back to the reason for my blog.

I wish I had my mom, dad and aunts and uncles, especially grandparents, to talk over some of these choices and questions. But I don't. I have a beautiful sister, actually three, counting my sisters-in-law. Of we three, I am the eldest so I have run plumb out of "elders."

Once upon a time, I had a long and loving list of church family elders...now I find myself on that list. So, that's why I am hoping our blog dialogue will be an exchange of thoughts, experiences and and I am so looking forward to hearing from you. Thanks, Jan

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jan! Just found your blog on Window on the Prairie's blogsite. I have read your entries and am glad to get to know you. You certainly have your hands full with your family. I know what you mean about being the eldest. I am the eldest of 10 kids. Both of my parents are dead. So my brothers and sisters turn to me, but I don't have all the answers either. I am not in my "golden years" yet, but I'm getting there. Another 3 to 5 years to retirement. Haven't decided how long I'm going to work yet. Didn't mean for this to be so long. Just wanted you to know that someone was out there reading your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete