Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Happenings on the Hill

It's been a while since I've had time to post so I thought I'd catch you up on Happenings on the Hill. Yes, we live on a very high hill. I learned many years ago that if you married a pilot (and I did), you would never live in a valley. All chosen homes have a beautiful view to simulate flying when you are on your sofa! That works for me too. Our hill is spectacularly beautiful and if I can figure how to post photos, I will.

It's the very beginning of spring in Central California. Our almond trees have bloomed
(see photo, I hope). The apricot tree will follow, then plum, and finally apple and pear. It sounds like an orchard but really we have just one of each. Sometimes we are blessed with fruit and sometimes we are blessed with pits and half eaten samples left on the ground. When you live in a rural area, you learn to share with the original residents--deer, fox, and the occasional black bear. It's a good thing I came from farm roots (see my book, Nebraska Lessons and Legacies on Amazon). We also have lots of wild turkeys and boar.

When weather is good and time allows, Angel and I walk the mile and a half path around the city lake. The photo
(I hope) is of swans who have lived there for several years. Angel thinks she should smell them like all other dogs--not! It's an adventure each time to see the other owners and dogs, and the migrations of the various birds. We have white pelicans each winter
(sorry, no photo), cormorants and assorted varieties of ducks. We come home invigorated and in touch with God's beauty.

Next post will be on home changes--life goes on, doesn't it? I hope I have a few eyes keeping in touch with my updates, and let me know what you are thinking too. Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment