Tuesday, February 1, 2011

More to Come...

This is my third entry to the blog and so far the only reader I've added is my sister! Come on, come on, check in and add to the growing numbers...Please?!

Now the "More to Come." You still haven't been introduced to our younger son and his two sons. They live nearby but thankfully not with us. His sons are 18 and 16, healthy, busy, active, sports-oriented guys. And hungry, oh my gosh. For Thanksgiving and Christmas Dinner I'd never seen food disappear so fast. It happened so fast that nobody talked. I think they continued breathing but all I could hear was mmmmm, swallow, mmmmm. Kudos to the cook (me, of course).

Anyway, younger son has been unable to work for a few years, his health is touch and go. This past year has been a very good one but that could change and we are on call. When he was ill, hubby and I were the alternating house mom & dad, caring for him + the two sons. We were and will continue to be available to fill in but what would you do? We thank God for the past year of health and pray that it can continue.

Hubby and I are in good health, so we are able physically to carry the load for a while when called upon. Emotionally, we are not so strong. It changes day to day--some are days of smiles and laughs and others are days of withdrawal and resentment.

I tend to fall in the "glass half full" category and have been happy to have the home busy and have the opportunity to know our son, grandson and granddaughter more intimately. It was hard when they were in TX and we were in CA and visits were all we had. I have been thankful to be with our younger son to help him and his boys too. It is harder than I could have guessed but how can you not love grandsons who argue if they love you more than you love them? (By the way, no one wins!)

But it has been so much harder for hubby. Maybe it's a guy/gal thing? The situations and the emotions have been a fight for him, though he has not made that public nor has he made that evident to our two sons. I try to stay the course as the peacemaker but of course all I can do is listen and empathize with all. To me, they are the dearest of my heart and if I struggle, it's because of energy.

So...anyone want to add comments to my story? I know we are blessed in so many ways and keep that in focus. But day to day, I wiggle waggle. Does everyone? I hope so! Let me know your thoughts...more to come, Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment