Friday, February 4, 2011

Still More to Come

I will try to be more creative once I've posted this. It has just seemed to take a while to complete the who, what, where and why of my life. The Still More to Come of today is a peek at the youngest member of our family--my dog, Angel! I know, I know, WHAT was I thinking??

Well, time travel back two years ago. It was just hunky hubby and I. Yes, we have Cooney the Kitty but she's a mouser and shares (sheds) her fur like you can't imagine. Poof, it flies airborne as she walks. I'm not exaggerating.So here is my lap with no pet sharing it. It just didn't seem right. I have a pet lovers heart and couldn't walk into a pet store without wanting to walk out with a puppy in my pocket.

Unfortunately, hunky hubby didn't understand it. Our lives didn't really need another consideration (complication) in his eyes. After about six months of negotiation, which, incidentally, did NOT include tears or whining he said it was more important to him that I be happy than him. See why I am so in love with this guy? In July, 2009, six months before the arrival of our TX family, I found my puppy and brought her home. She is a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, tri-color, and was four months old.

Angel has been wonderful, Angel has been a problem and Angel is cuter than any other dog/puppy I've ever seen. I guess pets are like your kids. Because they are yours, they are beloved in spite of their flaws. Did I say flaws? Okay, just a few. #1. Hubby, after a year and a half still doesn't really want her around. #2. My grandson with autism has two prickly points--babies crying and (you guessed it) dogs barking. Yes, she does bark. She is also completely devoted to me. She tolerates other hands petting her, other laps to sit in but her eyes are always on me. If I had the gift of foresight, would I have gotten her? Absolutely not. Should I find another home for her because of the problems? Absolutely not. So I throw it out to you again, what would you do? This ends the "More to come" since I have now run out of family. The next post will start fresh. I hope there are some eyes following me (besides Angel's) through my so-called golden years. Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment