Sunday, May 22, 2011

Be Careful What You Wish For...

It seems like not long ago that I was thinking how long it had been since I'd been away from home. The last time had been Christmas! Then boom, my luggage hardly has time to unpack before it's packed again. And no, I'm not complaining, not in the least!

Tomorrow hunky hubby and I are going to a very la-de-da resort in Newport Beach, which is a very la-de-da town. It's actually been in the news since lifeguards there are making over $100,000 a year. I'm not kidding. We will be guests of hubby's sister and husband and we are all looking forward to a time of...nothing. At least nothing we don't choose to do. I'm planning on a lot of time to rest, relax and read. Oh yeah, and maybe talk a lot. And maybe eat a lot. We four aren't friends (as well as family) for 50+ years without a lot of love and laughter. Aren't we blessed?

Then to fill my cup to the brim, we will stop to see younger son & our two grandsons on our way home. Hugs fill our time there. And some Gramma time cooking, baking and yes, even shopping.

Many, many years ago (in the 70s) my mother had an electric donut maker. My brother's wife now has hers, memories prompted my niece to buy one on EBay, and you know who was hooked. $10 later I now have one packed and ready to go on our trip. Our grandsons will have as much fun as I will. Memories, now onto the next generation. Love it.

Am I excited? Oh yes. Am I thankful? Oh yes. I count my blessings every day. Hoping you find blessings to count as well, Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment