Monday, May 9, 2011

Mothers Day

It is a day of remembrance for me--my mother has been gone for fifteen years. Each year her memory becomes more tender, sweeter. Like most mothers, we had our differences but the more mature I became, the wiser she became! It's a gift of age that I truly can appreciate. I miss her voice, her laugh, her hugs and most of all, her encouragement. There was never a time she was not my encourager.

I hope I bring some of those qualities to our two sons and grandsons. And their partners too. Yesterday my sons, grandsons all checked in and it was such fun to hear their news and stories. Our family has LOTS of good storytellers! I also received phone calls from two ex-es of our sons, and I am honored that they include me in their thoughts and wishes. Hunky hubby totally caught me by surprise Saturday morning with the delivery of a dozen long stemmed roses!

I am blessed, I am happy. I thank God for my mother and for giving me children so I could be a mother too. Jan

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful post. My mom is gone 5 years and I feel the same way about her. How nice that you got to talk with everyone.

    ReplyDelete