Friday, May 6, 2011

Hooray!

I'm home, I'm home, I'm home! O My Gosh, it is such a wonderful feeling. I guess Dorothy was right in the Wizard of Oz, There's no place like home, no place like home. Sorry, I can't help repeating myself.

It was a great week, it was a hard week, it was a challenging week, it was a bonding week. My friend whose husband died is working so hard to see her way through the maze of questions, decisions, myriads of paperwork and--not to be unrecognized--her grief. She is doing amazingly well, I am happy to say. I am proud of her. We had hours and hours of work to do together and got it all done. We also had hours in the evening to talk, share thoughts and memories, laugh and praise God for His presence. I love her dearly and can't express how thankful I was to be able to be with her at this time.

I also stopped by my 80-year-old cousin's house on my way south. She is special in every way. She remembers when I was born, was present when my elder son was born and is in every way my older sister. Our mothers were close, but I think she and I are closer, mostly due to the changes of privacy feelings of the two generations. I needed a family fix and she made sure I got one! I was indulged, watched over and even got to pick our TV programs. Now that's FAMILY!

Hunky hubby and I will be returning to Northern California next week for the services of our friend, but in the meantime--did I say how happy I was to be home?! Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment