Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Celebration of Life

Hunky hubby and I leave this afternoon for N.California. Again. Tomorrow will be the Memorial Service for our friend. I think it's a wonderful expression of our times that we have evolved from "Funerals" to "Memorial Services" and now to "Celebrations of Life." I feel so deprived if I miss someone's Celebration.

The services we now observe, at least those in our church, are true celebrations that honor the one who has died. The things I learn about each person enriches my memories. Of course, I always wish I could have known them BEFORE their passing, but the facts and details of each life are honored. And stories are told, so many wonderful stories! Some by family members, many by friends, the stories are rich with sentiment, laughter and memories.

Hunky hubby and I are happy to be among those to honor the life of our friend. I hope to come home with a warm heart, more memories and a lot of smiles and laughter.

How are you all feeling about the changes in our services? Chime in and let us know! Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment