Tuesday, April 26, 2011

On the Road

It may be a few days before I have a chance to update again; I am leaving for Northern California tomorrow morning to stay with my friend whose husband died last week. Due to family conflicts, his memorial service won't be until mid-May, and she's needing a friend. I am so blessed to be that friend.

A few years ago, I helped begin a ministry in our church that helps individuals during times of need and change (Stephen Ministry). It was a life-changing experience for me, learning the needs and the blessing of friendships during those times. It has equipped me to love, accept and stand with those who need or want a hand to hold. That's what I will be doing, just holding her hand and wiping her tears as she wipes mine.

In the meantime, hunky hubby and I had four great days with elder son and grandson over Easter weekend! We also celebrated grandson's birthday #23, elder son's birthday as well, so we had lots of fun with birthday cakes, trick candles, and a few presents too. It is important to cherish the days of smiles and laughs! Elder son is now back in TX, hard at work and grandson is back in his routine of his new "apartment" and vocational work.

We are not counting on days of peace and smiles, but we do really appreciate and thank God when we have them. I'll post again when I can--in the meantime I have a feeling I will come home so very blessed to know I have hunky hubby waiting for me with open arms. Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment