Monday, April 11, 2011

Happy Monday?

Well, so far so good. Son and grandson arrived in California on schedule, have accomplished the move, and there seem to be smiles all around. Am I surprised? Yes, I think I am. If I think of the resiliency our grandson shows, it's downright amazing! He has gone from the only home he remembered living in to his Dad's apartment, then to our home and now to his "new" home/apartment. Flexibility and change are not common characteristics of persons with autism.

I met the new family yesterday, a couple in their 50's. The man is an associate pastor, his wife is the mom to all. They have a total (including our grandson) of five special needs adults who live with them. Three are older, probably also in their 50's. One is younger than our grandson. It seems to be a very harmonious, peaceful home, something necessary for our grandson. No babies crying, no dogs barking! I am cautiously optimistic and pray for the harmony to create a wonderful home for our grandson.

The second phase will begin tomorrow when our son returns to Texas. Hunky hubby and I will certainly do what we can to continue this new path. Many thanks for your thoughts and prayers! Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment