Friday, April 15, 2011

Ouch...

Today's post is all about ME. Maybe it's about time, eh? I had an appointment with an oral surgeon yesterday to excise a big ole molar. It was a first in lots of ways--the first time I had an abscessed tooth and didn't know it (the hygienist found it during a routine cleaning--oh oh, not so routine). I had never had a tooth excised other than two lower wisdom teeth, many many years ago. It was not without trepidation that I walked through the door yesterday morning.

I chose to have anesthesia (yes, please put me out, no second thoughts there.) I walked into the OR at 10 am, woke up at 11 am with a hole where the tooth was but now filled with a mouth full of gauze. And believe it or not, that was the worst part of it all, the mouth filled with gauze. I slept...and slept...and slept. All afternoon and all night. I didn't know I could do that...Hunky hubby was fully attentive and brought me anything and everything I needed. Angel was an angel and stayed by my side all day and night.

And lawsy, as my Gramma would say, I woke up this morning feeling pretty great, things considered. No pain, no swelling and very, very hungry. I've just had my first cuppa coffee in two days, oh what a feeling! Now I'm off for some toast. Okay, that's enough about ME. My words to the wise: come to Central CA when you need an oral surgeon and go to mine, He's fabulous. :) Jan

1 comment:

  1. I cannot find a good dentist to go to. Good for you! Hope your mouth is feeling much better by now.

    ReplyDelete