Friday, April 1, 2011

Winter to...Summer?

Believe it or not, as I am writing, the temperature on our deck is 94. WHAT?! Two days ago I was wearing turtlenecks & sweats (as I have most every day since October) so I should note that this is the first day of 2011 that my neck is visible. It disappears every October, not to be seen again until May? June? Sometimes even July? The Central Coast of California has a very late summer. Except today! Of course tomorrow it is supposed to be 64, so it will be a short-lived peek at summer, not the real deal. But I like it, it's a sweet peek.

I've been absent a week (actually more) on my blog because I injured my back and sitting at my computer is one of the things that really hurts. My injury? Like most of us, a simple story, nothing dramatic. If I was a patient on House, they would pass me by in the blink of an eye. As I was walking to my car in the rain, my heel struck the yellow parking strips in a cement parking garage and wheeee, down I started. Did anyone ever tell you that fresh-painted strips become as slippery as ice in the rain? I wish someone had told me. I did not actually go down but reached out with my right hand/arm to catch myself on my car. It worked but really tweaked my back. After almost two weeks of ibuprophen and heating pad, it's better but still healing.

Updates of family: Older son and grandson are thriving in Texas. That needs some serious thought. What do you think? Verrry interesting, eh? Younger son is happy, healthy and asked me if I'd like to join him on a drive north sometime to see cousins, aunts and friends. Well, yeah, I'll be ready in half an hour, no thought needed!

Last update of US: Hunky hubby brought me another birthday surprise. With blushing cheeks: it's a two-piece Hooters velour (purple) work out suit. With lots of bright sequins and a giant peace symbol on both the top and bottom. I'm wondering what he had in mind?? And where will I wear it? Maybe up and down our stairs? I MIGHT even wear it walking Angel. Maybe. Just on our road. He asked to take a photo of me as I tried it on and I declined. Not that I don't trust him--well, OK, I don't trust him. I am thinking our sons/grandsons are not imagining their mom/gramma is or ever was a Hooter girl. And they are right!

On that note, I'll leave you laughing. Yes, sometimes these are indeed the so-called golden years! Jan

2 comments:

  1. So glad to hear your son and grandson are doing so well. As for your hubby's gift.... I'm not quite sure what to think about it. I do think you were right not to let him take a photo though. No evidence.

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. Enjoy the weather while it lasts! ;)

    ReplyDelete