Thursday, April 21, 2011

Loss of Friends

Loss of friends is another aspect of Golden Years. This morning I received a phone call from my close and dear friend that her husband died yesterday. The timing seems strange, was my first reaction. To her, Easter will be remembered as his death. My second thought was, how wonderful. They both had a very strong faith and this now will be remembered as his resurrection as well as Jesus'. That brought a smile to my face, as tears trailed down my cheeks.

We have known each other the entire 23 years we've lived in Central California. They moved from here six years ago, wanting to be closer to their three children in the Bay Area. Their timing was perfect. Three years ago my friend's husband had a recurrence of cancer. He fought bravely and hard, and we have shared many long talks. I still feel she is down the road from me, that's how close we are and how much I love them both.

Now she will move on in her Golden Years alone. I wish she was indeed down the road so I could walk over and give her a hug and wipe our tears together. Hubby and I will be attending the services, wherever and whenever they happen. Her loss is my loss, my heart aches for her...Jan

No comments:

Post a Comment